Tuesday, August 13, 2013

♫ MV Interpretation: Can't Erase You From My Mind ♫

 
This is long overdue post for Cookie Min -- she have patiently waited for this as my time have been divided between special posts and bts videos.  Thank you GF CM for suggesting this post and for your patience!
 
 
This is a collaboration of thoughts in interpreting HJ's mv of "Can't Erase You from My Mind". 
 Ignoring the lyrics, Cookie Min and I both think the mv tells the story of how our couple felt after filming PK. 


Second to the production crews and staff,  HyunMin fans who have watched PK bts videos without a doubt can attest the mutual attraction between Lucky Guy & Little Lady while filming the drama.  ^-^  And, with intimate scenes involved, I think it's very difficult for two inexperienced actors to remove themselves from their characters.  In fact, LG continually referred to LL as OHN even after drama was over and LL shared her sentiments in interviews.
 

An excerpt from the Japanese edition of Playful Kiss booklet interviews of KHJ and JSM; translated from Chinese to English by tlbpc and shared in Soompi: 

J:  I remember you seem to have said that you feel very lonely at the end of the shooting didn’t you? 
MM:  Yes, during the filming I was wearing the wedding ring, when suddenly the moment it has to be taken off I felt a little strange, an indescribable mood.  When the TV drama has completed the filming I really had a lonely feeling, it was just like the feeling of a divorce (laugh)

credit:yaoBaidu HyunMin Bar)   


(I believe this photo was taken in 2010 when she went back to school after PK)
 


An excerpt of MM's interview from Innolife Magazine:

Now is the time to select your next project, have you select any good project?
JSM:  “I had just finished the drama, I want to take a little break.




An excerpt from MM's interview from Elle Magazine:

Yesterday was the final episode of “Playful Kiss” special on Youtube’s last weekend broadcast, what did you do?
 JSM:  I went to Jeong Dongjin to look at the sea.

Whom did you go with?  You went alone?
JSM:  Yes, I went by bus, my mother was very worried and she kept calling me.

Why did you want to look at the sea?
JSM:  The sea can relieve moody feelings and I want to understand what’s in my heart.


The gesture of the female protagonist looking up in the sky...


resembles MM's gesture on her twitpix update.



The caption was:  나도 빨랑 보고시퍼요'-'   English translation:  Me too, I want to see you immediately (direct translation from Korean to English:  me too, hurry, I really want to meet.)  This photo update was posted in twitter when HJ was heading home from his series of concerts in Japan early last year.  :) 

Sitting on a stone wall by the river bank...
 
also resembles this photo update of MM.





In the mv, both protagonist were portrayed to have parted ways.


But in the process of searching themselves, they meet again by fate. 
 


And another photo update of MM, looking up in the sky, as if to gesture "bye, kiss-kiss" to someone special who had to fly off across the sea for work.  ^-^



Credit as tagged. 





11 comments:

  1. wow! did not look at the song this way. i love that song from Tonight album the best. i like it even more now. (kimi dake o hesenakute) thank you GFYJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully done GF YJJ, your interpretations of the HyunMin events are superb. Thank you very much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking back, im thinking it was during pk when HJ was picking songs for his comeback.. so, if pk (MM) had a big impact on him, might be this song was already in his line-up then but released only recently..

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you gf YJJ so nice to read something like this that's proof that since PK there's something already growing between HJ and MM, keep it up!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks YJJ. I always wondering about some of MM's private pictures, who took those picture for her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love really conquers all. It is unavoidable no matter how you deny it love will find a way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you girls for liking this post.

    Bella Luna - it's also my favorite in Tonight album. I also find that Japanese words are easier to follow than Korean. kekeke

    Cookie Min - you're welcome. I'm glad you liked it.

    Bella Bee - the photo where she was looking up the sky (1st picture), was taken by her ex-manager. If you recall she also posted a photo while in a white car and her ex-manager also posted a photo saying that he was MM on the road. Actually, they were heading to a historical site... the first photo she posted was against the wall w/trellis in the background. She posted photos from the same location on different days but wearing the same outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^correction: 'he saw MM on the road'. He was in a separate car, if I may add. That day, HJ was heading home from his series of concerts in Japan and thus her next photo update was with the caption 'me too, I want to meet with you soon'.

      Delete
    2. Thanks YJJ,always perfect timing for both of them ke ke ke.

      Delete